automotive car news blog

Friday, December 5, 2008

GMC Denali XT concept 2008


Right...this doesn't look good, does it? This is the 2008 concept of the GMC Denali. I've never actualy liked the original one, the suspension felt too soft, and I thought it was going to flip over on hard quick turns. However it did have plenty of room inside, great options, and the gearbox worked very smoothly. It wasn't the best looking SUV in the world, but at least it got the job done. This one however, looks completely USELESS! They wanted to put a 4.9L small block V8 in it, but think about it, what for? It would be useless as a truck becuase of the tiny bed, it'd be useless as a 4-door saloon becuase of the lack of a trunk, and the noisy V8. Also, I'm pretty sure you can see why it wouldn't be a good sports car. This car may look futuristic and flashy...but if you just look at it a bit harder you can actually see how ugly it is. I mean it just seems like a horrible horrible concept.

No comments: